I am blessed to have an amazing mother of many talents. She’s a fantastic writer, an imaginative thinker, and a huge source of support for her kids. On top of all that, she’s also a top-notch home cook. After I moved back home from New York, I surprised myself when I realized just how much I missed Mom’s cooking. Despite having dined at so many amazing restaurants in the Big Apple, I found myself most speechless — and pleased — just sitting in the comfort of home, chowing down on a bowl of Mom’s home-cooked finest.
One of my favorite things to eat from my mother’s wide repertoire of dishes is her pasta sauce. It’s rich, whole, healthy and delicious; the perfect combination for anyone who wants to fill up and also maintain their figure. The sauce tastes great on top of spaghetti or white rice. So today, I am so pleased to be able to share the recipe for this dish that’s so dear to me!
Hearty Turkey Tomato Pasta Sauce
- Yield: 8-10 servings
- Time: 30 minutes
- 1 20 oz (1.25lb) pkg ground turkey
- 1 slice of ginger
- 1.5 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 large onion, chopped finely
- 1 pkg frozen peas
- 1 32 oz. Classico tomato sauce
1. Heat your cooking oil and ginger over a medium saucepan until warm.
2. Add your chopped onion to the oil and ginger and stir until everything is well coated.
3. Toss in your ground turkey. Don’t forget to defrost it beforehand!
7. Throw in the peas!
8. And now the fun part…pour in that tomato sauce! Stir well until mixture is well coated and turkey is cooked through.
9. Sprinkle with some parmesan cheese (optional) and ENJOY on top of pasta or rice.